Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Jobs Vacancy in Uniting Wollongong
Uniting Wollongong urgently required following position for Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Jobs Vacancy in Uniting Wollongong Jobs Details:
- Work 3 days a week
- Permanent Part Time position
- Wollongong, NSW
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our team in Wollongong on a Part-time permanent basis for 3 days/week.
In this position, you’ll provide a range of interventions to families post-separation who are experiencing various levels of conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children and/or the distribution of property. These interventions include mediation, conciliation, therapeutic mediation and child inclusive practice under the jurisdiction of the Family Law Act.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in either law or a relevant social science.
- Accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Australian Attorney- General’s Department) or ability to successfully complete training to meet the accreditation requirements.
- An understanding of the process and purpose of child-inclusive mediation practice.
- Knowledge of family law legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of community services, especially those relating to families experiencing relationship difficulties.
- Knowledge of child protection
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. We support an inclusive approach in the workplace, celebrating our diversity and welcoming staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
As an employee with Uniting you'll receive:
- An hourly rate of $38.85 plus super with optional salary packaging available
- Ongoing training & development
- An additional 5 days leave at Christmas
Applications close: June 5th 2018
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Reference Check and a Working with Children Check