Specialist Engineer Design Jobs Vacancy in Northern Beaches Council
Northern Beaches Council urgently required following position for Specialist Engineer Design. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Specialist Engineer Design Jobs Vacancy in Northern Beaches Council Jobs Details:
- Bushland protection and restoration including threatened species and invasive species management and the control of bushfire risk
- Catchment, waterway and coastal management including ecological, risk and restoration programs
- Strategic environmental systems & programs, development assessment, climate change adaptation/resilience and corporate sustainability
- Environmental education, volunteering and engagement
- Development engineering including subdivision works, development approvals, co-ordination of s94 works delivery and certification of development works
- Stormwater asset maintenance and renewal
- Floodplain risk management
Reporting to the Team Leader, Stormwater Design and Delivery, the role of the Specialist Engineer, Design is to is to provide modelling and design technical expertise for the timely, prioritised and efficient delivery of Stormwater Capital Works. The role is also required to support the Stormwater & Floodplain Engineering Team in the modelling of stormwater issues, advising on modelling and design related issues and responding to relevant customer requests.
The range of tasks includes analysing flood and drainage issues using modelling (1D modelling essential) as required, developing and overseeing detailed drainage designs, prioritising works, scoping projects, assisting with writing and administering contracts and supervising works where required. The Specialist Engineer, Design is expected to be innovative in their approach to these tasks and is expected to have experience in project management matters. The Specialist Engineer, Design will have a delivery focused approach in assisting the team to be innovative in solving complex stormwater problems.
- Take personal responsibility for behaving in accordance with the organisations’ values and directions
- Develop detailed engineering assessment, modelling and design for complex stormwater engineering problems.
- Be responsible for the management of analysis and design for complex stormwater projects for Council, including catchment analysis (hydrology) and hydraulic modelling of stormwater pipe and channel networks and overland flows
- Developing and managing engineering survey, scoping and proposing projects, writing and administering contracts, strong financial control, coordinating consultants, and supervising works with strong project management and excellent work practices
- Analyse and interpret information and utilise Council’s GIS and asset data in the analysis of flood related issues
- Degree level qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated extensive experience in 1D Stormwater Modelling and Design including the use of engineering hydrology and hydraulics software including Drains and HECRAS.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of CAD civil drawings preferably within the Autocad Suite of programs.
- Working knowledge of water quality control infrastructure, including detailed design (including associated modelling) and works supervision.
- Demonstrated experience of construction, contract and project management relating to stormwater asset including scoping, quality design, determining project resources, budgeting processes, report writing and project delivery