Academic Skills Facilitator Townhall Jobs Vacancy in Laureate Education Sydney Central Business District
Laureate Education Sydney Central Business District urgently required following position for Academic Skills Facilitator Townhall. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Academic Skills Facilitator Townhall Jobs Vacancy in Laureate Education Sydney Central Business District Jobs Details:
Laureate Australia’s institutions are part of the global Laureate International Universities network, with 1,000,000+ students at nearly 70 institutions in 23 countries.
About the Role and what you can expect
Employed by Laureate Education Services Australia Pty Ltd to support the operational functions of TUA and/or TC; you will be responsible for providing expert academic, language and learning skills support for students of all levels throughout their studies. Work collaboratively with other Learning Support Team members including Librarians, Learning Technology Advisers, Digital Media Advisors, ad Library and Learning Skills Officers, acting in partnership with academic staff to promote, develop, deliver and evaluate programs, resources and services designed to support student learning.
- Work hand in hand with the academic team to devise effective learning skills programs tailored to the needs of the campus community
- Liaise with academic staff to ascertain their needs and develop specific integrated learning skills programs for the students most at risk of not succeeding
- Provide individual training to students requiring support to adapt to the learning environment
- Contribute to the development of Customer Experience strategies
- Liaise with other Academic Skills Facilitators, Learning Technology Advisers and Library staff to ensure national consistency and deliver student-facing coherence in learning support programs
- Contribute to strategies and projects to support student retention
- Participate in campus specific retention activities such as orientation week, and actively contribute to retention improvement initiatives
- Undertake research and scholarly activity on learning and literacy in higher education that will create innovative practice in the area of academic skills, student retention and staff engagement
- Undertake periodic data analysis, and report to the Executive Committee on findings regarding the progress, retention and academic outcomes
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Graduate and/or Post Graduation qualifications or progression towards a degree in a discipline with a strong relevance to academic language and learning work (required)
- Appropriate other qualifications commensurate with the needs of the campus community, including a TESOL qualification for campuses with English as an additional language students (preferred)
- An understanding of appropriate strategies for analysing discipline-specific discourses and information literacies, and demonstrated ability to develop and deliver effective learning skills programs within a tertiary environment in both blended and online delivery modes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of issues regarding the development of higher education students’ academic language and learning
- Experience in teaching both Australian residents and overseas higher education students
- Experience in developing, delivering and evaluating educational programs
- Demonstrated capacity to operate in a challenging environment and to respond flexibly to rapidly changing educational situations
- Up to date knowledge of significant developments in Academic Skills theory and practice and a proven interest in undertaking and publishing research relevant to the position
Want to be part of the Laureate Team?
Laureate Australia has a firm commitment to providing formal education opportunities to our employees and their immediate family members. We do this through providing access to tuition reduction benefit on courses offered at TUA and TC.
You can apply online where we will be reviewing all applications submitted as received. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.