Manager Major Hazards Outreach Jobs Vacancy in Worksafe Victoria Melbourne City Centre
Worksafe Victoria Melbourne City Centre urgently required following position for Manager Major Hazards Outreach. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Major Hazards Outreach Jobs Vacancy in Worksafe Victoria Melbourne City Centre Jobs Details:
A trusted and constructive workplace health and safety regulator, WorkSafe Victoria is passionate about preventing injuries in the workplace and providing support to injured workers. Founded on care and driven by collaboration, the Health and Safety Business Unit within WorkSafe is committed to getting Victorians home safely every day. Seeking to grow their team with professionals whose expertise, insight and passion will help to achieve a safer Victoria, they provide a positive culture with the opportunity to make a difference on a broader scale.
WorkSafe is going through an exciting and transformational period of change. We are implementing our WorkSafe 2030 strategy which provides us with a significant opportunity to innovate and transform our business so it better meets the needs of our stakeholders.
The Hazardous Industries & Industry Practice Division play an integral role within the Health & Safety Business Unit and consist of specialist teams responsible for the dissemination of technical and professional services with regards to Construction, Major Hazard Facilities, Earth Resources, Health and Agriculture.
About the role
As this is a newly created position, the successful incumbent will have the chance to develop and shape the role within an evolving environment. Reporting to the Director - Major Hazards & System Safety, this role will be based in the Melbourne CBD. The purpose of this role is to lead and manage WorkSafe's Major Hazards Outreach Program. This includes maintenance of key external stakeholder relationships, managing key communications on behalf of the Major Hazards Program and managing education programs and materials. It also includes management of administrative matters that impact on Major Hazards Facilities licensing, such as changes, notifications and new applications and land use planning. This is a key leadership and influencing role with external stakeholders and the Major Hazards Program. Key responsibilities within this senior role include:
- Leading WorkSafe's engagement with its Major Hazards sector MoU partners and other external stakeholder groups e.g. emergency services, industry associations.
- Managing WorkSafe's commitments under its MoUs with other regulatory agencies
- Overseeing the Major Hazards Program's guidance material, including its currency, maintenance, distribution and channel.
- Managing the Major Hazards stakeholder education program, including forums and shared learnings programs.
- Managing assessments and provision of advice to third parties for land use planning matters around Major Hazards Facilities.
- Managing Major Hazards notification and registration matters, plus any licence amendment matters.Adminster and coordinate the Major Hazard Advisory Committee (MHAC)
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and influence at a senior level and with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and understanding of accident causation in complex, high risk environments
- Experience in an industrial environment, preferably high hazard.
- Proven leadership and team development skills
- Experience in assisting and advising workplaces on how to meet their OHS and DG obligations
- OHS qualification preferred
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, and discounted corporate health insurance rates. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
This position will remain based in the Melbourne CBD and relocate to our new offices at 567 Collins Street in late 2018.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process. Applications close midnight 7th June 2018, though interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives. Confidential inquiries can be made by contacting Roma Grant on 9641 1807. WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.