Fund Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Pillar
Pillar urgently required following position for Fund Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fund Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Pillar Jobs Details:
Are you looking for a new opportunity in Sydney?
Consider joining a global company and world leader in Financial Services where we put the client at the centre of everything we do.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
So what exactly do we do? We create secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement, or aligning workers with workforce needs, for more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well.
About the Role:
Working as part of a small Fund Accounting Team based in Sydney, this role is responsible for successfully delivering fund accounting services to our superannuation clients. Reporting to the Team Manager, your role will also be responsible for investment accounting, and regular management and annual statutory reporting.
- Perform periodic reconciliation of trial balances to the underlying accounting records including bank and asset reconciliations
- Maintain the CGT Register for the in-house custody assets and preparing weekly valuation reports
- Prepare and reconcile the weekly cash flow reports to be sent to the custodian
- Maintenance of the general ledger and ensure accounting systems reflect the true positions of the various membership systems
- Preparation of periodic financial statements within the required time frames
- Prepare and lodge quarterly and annual APRA returns within the required time frames
- Perform tax effect accounting for the financial reporting and reconciling it back to the unit prices
- Prepare tax estimates as required for unit pricing purposes
- Complete BAS returns for the Superannuation Funds
- Prepare tax calculations and assisting in the preparation of income tax returns
- Coordinate the preparation of audit schedules, tax returns, financial statements, APRA Returns or other reports.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce or in an equivalent discipline and eligible for full membership to a professional accounting body such as CPA Australia or similar
- Demonstrated experience in Superannuation Fund Accounting
- Commercial accounting experience, preferably gained in a superannuation environment or financial services industry
- Experience in cash flow management, reconciliation and general ledger control, financial reporting
At Mercer we offer a highly supportive and collaborative work environment; along with a competitive range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefits.
For more information about the role call 02 4298 6676. Alternatively, to apply Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your resume and cover letter.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 29th May
Applications will only be accepted from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form Opens in new window