Stormwater Assets Technician Jobs Vacancy in Northern Beaches Council
Northern Beaches Council urgently required following position for Stormwater Assets Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Stormwater Assets Technician Jobs Vacancy in Northern Beaches Council Jobs Details:
The Natural Environment & Climate Change (NECC) Group manages complex environmental, sustainability and engineering programs and projects to achieve quality outcomes for the residents and environment of the Northern Beaches. The NECC Group delivers the strategic and operational management of:
Bushland protection and restoration including threatened species and invasive species management and the control of bushfire risk
Catchment, waterway and coastal management including ecological, risk and restoration programs
Strategic environmental systems & programs, development assessment, climate change adaptation/resilience and corporate sustainability
Environmental education, volunteering and engagement
Development engineering including subdivision works, development approvals and certification
Stormwater asset management
Floodplain risk management
Reporting to the Stormwater Assets Engineer, the role of the Stormwater Assets Technician is to provide high-quality technical support to the Stormwater and Floodplain team by assisting with Development Application referrals relating to Council’s stormwater assets, updating Council’s asset register, undertaking inspections of drainage assets, accurately reporting on drainage asset conditions, undertaking field inspections and identifying solutions for customer requests, scoping and delivery of minor stormwater projects and handling minor administrative tasks.
- Using specialist equipment and appropriate technical skills, undertake physical inspections of Council’s stormwater assets including pipes, pits, culverts, open drains, and stormwater treatment devices (e.g. GPTs)
- Accurately locate and record asset conditions into Council’s asset management systems
- As required provide a point of contact for customer enquiries and requests relating to:
- Development Applications where conditions of consent relate to Council’s stormwater assets,
- Undertaking site inspections, diagnosing issues, developing potential solutions, and meeting with customers
- Assist the Stormwater Assets Engineer in prioritising maintenance, inspection schedules, minor stormwater repairs and scoping solutions.
- Take personal responsibility for behaving in accordance with the organisations’ values and directions with particular emphasis on trust, teamwork, respect, integrity, service and leadership;
- Demonstrated significant experience in assessing, diagnosing and solving drainage problems
- Demonstrated understanding of asset management especially in relation to capturing asset condition information and producing reports.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of risk management practices
- Ability to safely use technical tools in the field to undertake condition surveys and assess drainage issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant work practices covering activities such as environmental protection measures, working on the road (traffic control), confined spaces and manual handling
- Ability to read drainage plans, technical drawings, service location plans, street maps, and ability to perform minor maintenance tasks, and supervise staff or contractors as required.
- Decision making and problem identification skills