Senior Project Officer Aps Consumer Strategies Engagement Team Canberra Melbourne Jobs Vacancy in Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Melbourne
- Senior Project Officer Aps Consumer Strategies Engagement Team Canberra Melbourne
- Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc
- Melbourne VIC
- 22 Jun, 2018 30 days ago
Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Melbourne urgently required following position for Senior Project Officer Aps Consumer Strategies Engagement Team Canberra Melbourne. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Project Officer Aps Consumer Strategies Engagement Team Canberra Melbourne Jobs Vacancy in Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Melbourne Jobs Details:
Salary from $83,541 to $93,635 (plus 15.4% superannuation)
Candidates found suitable in this process will be retained on a merit list for twelve months from gazettal, and considered for similar roles within the CSBPS Division.
Consumer Strategies & Engagement
The Consumer Strategies & Engagement team leads the ACCC’s consumer engagement and scams work. The team conducts a range of consumer focused projects and educates consumers and businesses about their obligations and rights under the CCA and ACL. The work program employs a range of compliance tools, primarily focusing on education, engagement and scam disruption.
The team is responsible for coordinating the ACCC’s scams strategy, responds to stakeholder requests for scams data, updates Scamwatch content and manages Scamwatch twitter.
The team responds to emerging issues and develops guidance and education programs for consumers and industry to promote compliance. Consumer guidance sets out steps consumers can take to protect themselves and industry guidance educates the industry about its compliance obligations and conduct that may be of concern to the ACCC.
Role and Duties
Under limited direction and guidance, the role may include:
• Representing the ACCC and engaging and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including consumer, industry and government organisations;
• Leading parts of key projects and events including the annual Ruby Hutchinson Lecture and the National Consumer Congress;
• Assisting with engagement with the Scams Awareness Network and Consumer Consultative Committee;
• Managing key initiatives and projects, including developing educational material and online resources for consumers and industry on their rights and obligations under the Competition and Consumer Act;
• Undertaking research and evaluation processes on projects undertaken by the team;
• Preparing and presenting papers including to Commissioners as well as briefs for Ministers;
• Responding to media enquiries about consumer or scams issues;
• Identifying and assessing issues from time to time about possible breaches of the CCA;
• Managing or assisting with scams awareness raising activities when required;
• Analysing and identifying ongoing, emerging or key trends in the ACCC’s Scamwatch report data;
• Writing briefs and education content based on analysis of Scamwatch data for internal and external stakeholders.
As a valued member of the team, you will also be:
• undertaking additional responsibilities or tasks as required
• working professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of the ACCC.
How to apply
Please respond by providing a CV and a statement of no more than 800 words about:
1. The skills and experience you can bring to the ACCC’s consumer and scams engagement and education work;
2. Your demonstrated experience in working in a fast paced environment and managing competing priorities.
Candidate Kit Opens in new window