Temporary Teacher English For Speakers Other Languages Armidale Jobs Vacancy in Tafe New England Institute Tamworth
- Temporary Teacher English For Speakers Other Languages Armidale
- Tafe New England Institute
- Tamworth NSW
- 25 May, 2018 28 days ago
Tafe New England Institute Tamworth urgently required following position for Temporary Teacher English For Speakers Other Languages Armidale. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Temporary Teacher English For Speakers Other Languages Armidale Jobs Vacancy in Tafe New England Institute Tamworth Jobs Details:
Temporary Teacher - English for Speakers of Other Languages - Armidale - 000067NS
Temporary Teacher - English for Speakers of Other Languages - Armidale
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow. Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
TAFE NSW offers the best of campus-based delivery as well as flexible, online and work-based learning. The TAFE NSW values of Customer First, Collaboration, Integrity and Excellence guide our team in strengthening communities, delivering world-class training for our students and producing job ready graduates for employers. The operating environment for TAFE NSW is dynamic as we leverage our scale, expertise, passion and reputation to meet the rapidly changing VET landscape.
TAFE NSW is committed to its students and customers and the role it plays in changing lives and opening up opportunities through learning.
Temporary Teacher priority order for considering applicants
Applications will be considered in order of priority as follows:
(i) applicants who meet the service requirements to be considered as a “long serving part time casual teachers and/or TAFE Temporary Teachers” (as defined below) through service within TAFE NSW West Region; then
(ii) applicants who meet the service requirements to be considered as a “long serving part time casual teachers and/or TAFE Temporary Teachers” (as defined below), partly through service in TAFE NSW West Region and partly through service in other Institutes; then
(iii) applicants who meet the service requirements to be considered as a “long serving part time casual teachers and/or TAFE Temporary Teachers” (as defined below), through service in one Institute (other than TAFE NSW West Region); then
(iv) all other applicants, including external applicants.
For the purpose of (i) to (iii) above, applicants will qualify as a “long serving part time casual teacher and/or TAFE Temporary Teacher” where they have worked as a part time casual teacher and/or TAFE Temporary Teacher for 240 hours or more (on average) for two consecutive years or more, as at the closing date of application. Service must be rendered in the relevant Institute or Institutes as specified (i) to (iii) above.
Your application for this role must include:
Two (2) referees with email addresses.
Claim for the position addressing the following selection criteria.
Resume, including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position you are applying for.
Click here for:
Guide to applying for a position in TAFE NSW
For more information please contact Frank Thorvaldsson on (02) 6352 0431 or Frank.Thorvaldsson@tafensw.edu.au.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th June 2018 at 11:59 pm
Be Bold. Be Ambitious. Make your next move the right one.
Location Regional NSW-Tamworth & North West NSW
Work Type Full-time
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: $108,097 Package includes salary ($82,599 - $97,958), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Contact Frank Thorvaldsson - (02) 6352 0431
Closing Date 10-Jun-2018
Job Category Vocational education and training/TAFE
Organisation TAFE - New England Institute
A teacher is responsible to the Teacher-in Charge, Head Teacher or Senior Head Teacher as appropriate. A teacher is to:-
PERFORM the teacher role in a most effective manner;
PROVIDE assistance in the development of curriculum, teaching methods and resources;
PERFORM those administrative duties associated with their teaching;
ENSURE the principles of equal opportunity in education and employment are applied to all staff and students, including the prevention of overt and covert discriminatory practices;
BE INVOLVED in and assist as required within the corporate life of the Campus;
ADVISE and assist students to develop their educational programs and make them aware of the facilities the Campus provides;
PROVIDE advice and assistance to students, employers and members of the community and generally promote technical and further education.
Key Application Responses
1. Recognised degree, diploma or other vocational qualification, including the equivalent of one (1) years full time study relevant to English Language teaching methodology. The vocational competencies must be at least at the same level of the competencies being delivered. As a guide appropriate vocational qualification/s include: A recognised Bachelor degree that is at least three (3) years full time in length and a recognised postgraduate TESOL qualification, for example: Bachelor of Education with a TESOL major or equivalent or Graduate Diploma in Adult Education with a major in TESOL, Bachelor of Teaching with a Graduate Diploma in TESOL or Graduate Diploma in Adult Education with a major in TESOL, Bachelor of Arts with a Graduate Diploma of TESOL or Graduate Diploma in Adult Education with a major in
2. Vocational and/or industrial experience
Two (2) years (post degree) relevant and current vocational and/or community experience including a minimum of 200 hours experience delivering English as a second language to adults. AND Demonstrated ability to design and implement programs of training and assessment in more than one delivery context. AND Current knowledge and awareness of access and equity issues relevant to students needs arising from a variety of different factors including; socio economic status, disability status, ethnic background, race, family differences, sexual preference and sex specific differences.
Common Core Criteria for Teachers
3. Hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from the TAE10 Training and Assessment Training Package.
4. Be prepared to continue to develop their Vocational Education and Training (VET) knowledge and skills as well as their industry currency and trainer/assessor competence.
5. High level written and oral communication skills in English, strengths in problem solving and proven ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of educational, industrial or community environments.
6. Proven computer literacy, including sound experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs and the ability to use other specialised computer software systems.
7. Commitment and ability to facilitate learning in an adult environment and demonstrated organisational skills applicable to an educational setting.
8. Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment.
Selection Criteria Notes
Higher qualifications that have Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) embedded may also be considered.
If you do not hold TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification you must provide a transcript of your educational qualifications with your application so the panel can verify the above requirement