Operations Manager Melbourne Jobs Vacancy in World Australia
World Australia urgently required following position for Operations Manager Melbourne. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Manager Melbourne Jobs Vacancy in World Australia Jobs Details:
Reporting to the General Manager Operations and a valued member of the site Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Operations Manager will lead and manage his/her teams achieving the safe, productive and efficient operation of the DP World Melbourne Terminal. The Operations Manager will use his/her experience as part of the management team planning the mid to long term business requirements.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the business planning on a weekly, monthly and annual basis for all operational labour and equipment resources in order to achieve contracted customer commitments and operational performance budgets. This position will interface with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved and the agreed commercial strategies are delivered.
We are seeking candidates that can be characterised as being a respected senior leader with exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing skills, coupled with strong commercial acumen. The successful candidate will have the ability to deliver results and inspire people to achieve targets and objectives whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to the Operations team, including direct reports and a large team of indirect reports
- Delivery of agreed commercial, productivity and performance budgets.
- Performance management of all direct reports, including conducting regular 1:1 meetings, implementing performance management plans and conducting the performance appraisal process
- Lead by example in the execution of safe work practices and ensure compliance with OHS&E statutory requirements.
- Maximise operational productivity, achieving or exceeding performance and customer satisfaction targets. Performance measurements will include window performance, GMPH, Container Turnaround Time (CTT) and customer satisfaction survey.
- Continuous improvement in productivity, cost and service
- Set and meet or exceed budget targets for operational costs. Demonstrate cost consciousness, with due consideration to cost as a factor in all decisions including utilisation of company resources such as labour and equipment.
- Promote employee engagement and positive workforce culture through a range of initiatives and proactive communication
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications within business, engineering, logistics or other relevant fields or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership experience in managing large scale 24x7 operations
- Experience working within the container or bulk ports sector or similar industry required
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to motivate, develop and encourage staff to positively contribute to business goals and objectives.
- Industrial relations management experience in unionised environments
- Ability to engage with and foster strong relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of legal obligations, commercial and contractual issues relating to stevedoring operations.
- Sound understanding of financial and management accounting with previous experience in managing P&L responsibilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Advanced negotiating skills.
- High level of computer literacy, competent in the use of Terminal Operating Systems and Microsoft Office
- Must hold or be eligible for an MSIC card
Remuneration and benefits
We are committed to the development of our people and invest in ongoing training to improve performance, provide career development opportunities and offer competitive salaries.
Additional information for internal applicants
Please ensure that prior to applying to any internal vacancy, you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and gained their consent.
Supporting flexible work arrangements
At DP World Australia we understand that our greatest resource is our people. We provide long term career options where we recognise the importance of flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We employ and promote on the basis of role requirements and we select people to roles based on their qualifications, skills, experience and fit with DP World Australia’s culture and values.
Applications should be received by 5:00pm Wednesday 30 May 2018