Senior Performance And Reporting Officer Aps Executive Office Cbr Melb Syd Jobs Vacancy in Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Sydney
- Senior Performance And Reporting Officer Aps Executive Office Cbr Melb Syd
- Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc
- Sydney NSW
- 27 May, 2018 30+ days ago
Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Sydney urgently required following position for Senior Performance And Reporting Officer Aps Executive Office Cbr Melb Syd. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Performance And Reporting Officer Aps Executive Office Cbr Melb Syd Jobs Vacancy in Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Sydney Jobs Details:
Salary from $83,541 to $93,635 per annum (plus 15.4% superannuation)
The Executive Office provides high-level strategic and governance support to the ACCC. It is comprised of the Governance and Reporting team; the Parliamentary and Government Liaison team; and the Support and Secretariat team.
The Executive Office coordinates and manages parliamentary and ministerial activities for the ACCC, provides secretariat and support services for the Commission and its committees and for the Executive Management Board. The Office is responsible for the governance and performance reporting of the agency. It is responsible for:
• preparing and coordinating briefings and reports for the Chairman, Commissioners, Chief Operating Officer and Executive General Managers
• coordinating Ministerial correspondence
• providing secretariat services to the Commission and coordinating information for parliamentary committees
• providing professional administrative support, including executive assistance to the Chairman, Commissioners, Chief Operating Officer and senior executives
• ensuring compliance with the agency’s governance responsibilities
• the performance reporting obligations of the agency, including under the Public Governance Performance and Accountability Act and the Regulator Performance Framework
• Undertaking executive project work.
As a member of a small team, you will be responsible for a range of performance and reporting obligations, including the ACCC’s business stakeholder survey, the ACCC’s annual self-assessment against the Regulator Performance Framework (RPF); the ACCC’s quarterly public report, ACCCount, and the Executive Office’s biannual performance report. As part of the team, you may also contribute to the development performance information for the ACCC and AER Portfolio Budget Statement, Corporate Plan and Annual Report in compliance with the requirements of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act (PGPA Act).
It is a role that requires a strong understanding of the role and functions of the ACCC, government, Australian industry, as well as the principles of good governance and the obligations under the PGPA Act and the RPF. The role also requires strong communication skills, as requesting and obtaining information from internal stakeholders is a key requirement of the job, as is writing clear public reports and other documents.
The successful candidate will have the ability to plan projects, ensure milestones are met and obtain appropriate clearances. This requires engaging with key internal boards and committees, as well as senior managers and Commissioners. The role is also responsible for managing engagement with external stakeholders, including contractors, members of the ACCC Performance Consultative Committee and other Government representatives, including the Treasury and the Department of Finance.
The role requires a candidate who is reliable, diligent and pays close attention to detail.
Knowledge of the work of the ACCC is highly desirable, as is previous experience in a performance reporting role.
The role requires strong IT skills in the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) and basic data analysis and visualisation skills.
1. Co-ordinate the production of the annual ACCC self-assessment against the Regulator Performance Framework and external validations through the ACCC’s Performance Consultative Committee.
2. Procurement and contract management for the annual business stakeholder survey, and liaison with ACCC Divisions on contact details for survey participants.
3. Co-ordinate the production of the ACCC’s quarterly publication, ACCCount and the Executive Office’s biannual performance report.
4. Assist in the production of the ACCC and AER Corporate Plan and Annual Report in accordance with the PGPA Act and Rules.
5. Contribute to advice to senior management on possible amendments to the agency’s performance reporting framework,
6. Contribute to papers for consideration by the Executive Management Board, Corporate Governance Board and Audit Committee regarding the agency’s performance reporting.
7. Contribute to the broader work of the Executive Office, including the co-ordination of branch and Divisional plans, as required.
How to apply
Please provide statement of claims no more than 800 words that highlights your suitability for the role based on your work experience and the selection criteria. Please also provide a recent curriculum-vitae.
For more information on working with the ACCC and to apply online please visit www.accc.gov.au/employment.
This process may also be used to fill upcoming vacancies of a similar nature.
This opportunity is available to all Australian citizens.
Full time and part time roles may be filled through this process. Candidates interested in full time and part time opportunities are encouraged to apply. The ACCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidate Kit Opens in new window