Research Scientist Applied Statistics Jobs Vacancy in Csiro Brisbane
Csiro Brisbane urgently required following position for Research Scientist Applied Statistics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Scientist Applied Statistics Jobs Vacancy in Csiro Brisbane Jobs Details:
Are you passionate about statistics and applied mathematics?
The role of Research Scientist Staff in CSIRO is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO's strategies. You may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts.
We are seeking a talented statistician to take an exciting role in our team in Brisbane. The successful candidate will be working on a range of problems in natural resource management, particularly in marine and coastal applications. The CSIRO through DATA61 is seeking to deepen its abilities to undertake statistical research to underpin sustainable marine conservation and development. Areas of research include design and analysis of marine monitoring programs and spatio-temporal modelling.
The work is multi-disciplinary, with staff from DATA61, and collaborators from other CSIRO Business Units. The work is expected to be delivered directly to clients, and through CSIRO Oceans & Atmosphere.
There is also the opportunity to develop work in other areas aligned with the research agenda of the broader DATA61 Data Analytic Research Group which has key capabilities that include:
- Monitoring and survey design,
- Spatio-temporal modelling and prediction,
- Statistical modelling and computation,
- Hierarchical frameworks to integrate data, empirical and process models, and represent uncertainty.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
Ref No.: 48043
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or masters with equivalent skills and experience) in a statistics or relevant discipline area such as applied mathematics .
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of applied statistics, including spatio-temporal modelling and survey / monitoring design methods.
- A track record of applying statistical science to real-world or applied problems.
- Strong programming skills (e.g. R, Python or equivalent) to undertake customised statistical data analyses.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- High-level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences, and through publishing in quality, peer reviewed journals.
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled.